Friday 2 September 2011

Preserving in Action

Making apple and chilli jelly. I was supposed to include the core and the pips as well, but I didn't read the recipe properly. 
 I used an old pillow case to strain the jelly. Don't worry, I washed it on a hot wash first. If you want to avoid a cloudy jelly, you can't squeeze it at all, you have to let it drip overnight.
 This is the rhubarb and vanilla jam. You don't add any water to the rhubarb before you cook it, which seemed a bit scary to me.
 But it worked. This is it after about 10 minutes.
 Here are all the jars we've made so far. Let me know if you want some, Andrew and I can't eat it all. Actually we probably can but we shouldn't.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Perhaps you should sell it somewhere. You should become a jammer.

    ReplyDelete