Wednesday 24 March 2010

Fruits

We now have a gooseberry bush and some raspberry canes. Here's the gooseberry.

We bought it from a garden centre in Enfield, which was on a long road lined with garden centres. Pretty much every shop was a garden centre. Or a pond shop, or some other garden-related retailer. Strange. We were trying to find one that Andrew remembers from his childhood. We ended up going to the one that was easiest for me to park in. I wonder how other visitors decide which garden centre to go to...

We went to this garden centre on our way to a party in Cambridge. We gave our friends Andrew and Ben a lift home. I forgot the car was full of stuff and they had to sit squashed up with cardboard boxes, wellies, seed trays and gooseberry bushes. I don't think they minded. The gooseberry, however, got a bit squashed.

1 comment:

  1. I was born in Enfield! not in a garden center though.

    ReplyDelete